Serving size: 10 people
Time it takes: 20 minutes
8cup Homemade chicken or vegetable stock
1pc Turkey necks whole Roasted (& or wings & wings tips)
1cup Onion Grated
1cup Grated Carrot
½ bu Cilantro Sliced all the way to the stem ends
4TBSP Lior Hawiaj spice blend
2pc Yam or sweet potato
2TBSP Toasted breadcrumbs
4TBSP Rendered schmaltz
tt Salt and pepper
Equipment: Heavy-bottomed stock pot
• Add half of the schmaltz to a large heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat.
• Add cilantro stem, carrot and onion, season with salt and pepper and 3 TBSP of Hawaij. Cover and sweat the veggies until thoroughly cooked.
• Add the neck and wing tips, 4 cups water and stock
• Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer, add yams whole and cleaned. Poach yams in broth until cooked through. (25 minutes)
• Remove yams and allow to cool to room temp. Then peel and slice into 1-inch half moons. Reserve them to garnish soup bowls.
• Simmer soup for an additional hour. (Remove the turkey necks and wings.)
• In a soup bowl, place one potato slice, cover with soup broth, sprinkle with bread crumbs and some Hawaij spice.